1. What Personally Identifiable Information Does ENN Collect?
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. Because ENN derives its revenue mainly from advertising, collecting information is essential to keeping our services free to users.
ENN collects personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you register on one of our sites, when you subscribe for an e-mail newsletter or printed magazine, or when you visit ENN pages and read newsletters. ENN may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you have provided to us.
2. What Anonymous Information Does ENN Collect?
Your Internet browser has a feature called "cookies" which store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our sites. However, cookies tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit most ENN sites, although active participation in certain areas of our sites may require cookies. In addition, you may elect not to allow cookies to be collected by selecting certain options on your browser.
ENN also automatically receives and records information from our servers and from your browser including your IP address, the time, and information about the page you requested.
We use tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including:
- keeping count of return visits to our site or our advertiser' or partners' sites
- accumulating and report anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on Web site and advertisement usage
- determining which features users like best
- saving your password so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit our sites
3. How Does ENN Use The Information?
ENN uses the information we gather for four general purposes:
- to customize the advertising and content you see, which helps keep our services free to users
- to enhance the user experience in our network of sites, by determining how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters
- to send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you
4. How Does ENN Share The Information?
Personally Identifiable Information
ENN will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
- we have your consent to share the information
- we have engaged companies to work with or on behalf of ENN to provide a product or service that you have requested, such as opt-in e-mail announcements
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or we believe that your actions violate applicable laws or threaten the rights, property or safety of ENN, our users, or others
ENN aggregates personally identifiable information and discloses such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other third parties for marketing, promotional and other purposes. We do not disclose to these entities any information that could be used to identify you personally.
If we sell ENN, we may transfer some or all of your information as a part of the sale in order that the service being provided to you may continue or for other business purposes.
5. What Are My Options?
Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view much of the content and use many of the services offered by our sites without registering.
We also give users the following options:
- opting not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering. Users who opt-in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the subscription management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from us;
- opting not to provide certain personal information when registering for a site.
6. How Can I Update My Personally Identifiable Information?
Users may change their information at any time and as often as necessary. Users who are experiencing problems or who have questions about how our services work can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Currently, we do not offer users a means by which to completely delete personal information established at the time of registration.
Any modifications to our privacy practices will be reflected first within this area of our network of Web sites. If there is a material change in our privacy practices, we will indicate on our sites that our privacy practices have changed and provide a link to the new privacy statement. If we are going to be using the information collected from users in a manner materially different from that stated at the time of collection we will send affected users written notice of the change.
Questions regarding this privacy statement, or regarding any other aspects of our network of Web sites, should be sent via e-mail to or to our offices at 4 Lower Hatch Street, Dublin 2.
Effective from 1 September 2001